Saturday, January 25, 2014

Donna Javins of Elkview, WV

Leanna writes: "My grandmothers maiden name was Javins. Her name was Donna Javins. She married my grandfather Gordon Billheimer Sr, who is still alive and will be 90 yrs old in June. They divorced I think in 1962 or 1963 or at least my mom told me she was 3 when they divorced. She then married again to a man named Paul Greco. She lived in Elkview, West Virginia. She passed away in 2007 2 days after Mothers day, I think. I was emailing you because I was curious to know more about this side of my family. I dont know much about the Javins side. I would like to know more if you might be able to tell me more."

4 comments:

  1. I don't have anything on Donna but I hope someone will send in something. I found her obituary online and you probably know all of this:

    "Donna J. Javins Greco, 74, of Elkview, died May 17, 2006, in Montgomery General Hospital.

    She was born Feb. 5, 1932, in Charleston.

    She was preceded in death by her husband, Paul A. Greco Sr.

    She was retired from the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals and was formerly secretary to the Honorable Judge John Hey."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have alot of information on the JAVINS family if you're still looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done alot of work on the Javins family...I can trace myself through Euell,,,,I have history info back to the 1700's if anyone is interested...Lesa
    www.paydaydaddy@tscnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her maiden name was Donna Jean Javins and she was a fiery, petite woman with flaming red hair. She loved dogs, and was a great cook in the Southern tradition, then became an amazing Italian cook when she re-married. I am her son Gordon Billheimer, Jr. Her father died when she was a child, so I never knew him. Mom died May 17, 2007. The Billheimer family is originally from the area of Rockbridge County, Virginia - Harrisonburg, Lexington, and Staunton. My father was born in Lexington, in Stonewall Jackson's house. My grandfather Ira Granville Billheimer moved to Montgomery, WV for work during the Great Depression.

    ReplyDelete